Obama on Daily Kos

It took a little digging but I found Barack Obama's September 2005 post on the blog Daily Kos. He suggests avoiding absolutes on both sides of the political spectrum as the only way to build a majority large enough to make real changes in this country. He expands on that point in his second book The Audacity of Hope, which I'm reading right now, and he mentions the Daily Kos discussion on page 41.

The book is quite good so far and the second chapter is an interesting summary of how the major political parties have evolved during the last fifty years.

I'll skip the obvious jokes about Bush and coloring books.

1 comments:

Mike said...

"Republicans and Democrats" is actually Chapter 1. I mistook the substantive prologue for the first chapter, which I suppose is a good sign.